5 Minute Mango Saffron Ice Cream
A freshly made, delicious bowl of yummy goodness to beat the summer heat!
- 350 grams 350 grams ripe mango flesh, around 3 medium (I used 3 Indian sindoori mangoes, you can sub any variety)
- 2 1/3 tbsp granulated sugar, white (optional, this depends on how sweet your fruit is)
- 2-3 strands saffron (optional)
- 1 tbsp hot water (optional)
- 140 ml light cream (25% fat) very cold but not frozen (I used the Mother Dairy brand, you can use heavy cream, or coconut cream for dairy-free)
For the mangoes: cut your mangoes and cube the flesh, then freeze in an airtight container for at least a day.
For the saffron (if using): steep 2-3 strands of saffron in 1 tbsp of hot water. Press the strands with a spoon and allow it to steep for 15 minutes. Then strain it and keep the saffron water in the refrigerator.
Calories: 173kcalCarbohydrates: 22.7gProtein: 1.2gFat: 9.6gSaturated Fat: 5.9gPotassium: 166mgFiber: 1.4gCalcium: 20mgIron: 0.2mg