Spicy Squid and Vegetable Stir-Fry (with vegetarian option)
A delicious sweet and spicy stir-fry.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 tbsp canola oil (or other neutral-flavored oil)
- 6 medium garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped (lighter parts preferred)
- 1/4 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 250 grams squid, already cleaned, sliced into rings (can sub with around 150 grams pan-fried tofu or paneer)
- dash white or black pepper
- salt to taste
For the sauce and the thickener
Over medium flame, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan.
Once hot, put in minced garlic, chopped green onion and grated ginger. Saute for around 30 seconds.
Add the sliced onions, carrots and bell pepper. Mix well and saute for 7 to 8 minutes or until onions soften.
Add the squid, mix well. Saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
Add the sauce and mix well, around 2 minutes.
Add the thickener and mix well. Cook for another two minutes.
Garnish with toasted sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds and green onion. Serve with plain rice.
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 20.6g | Protein: 11.7g | Fat: 7.8g | Saturated Fat: 0.4g | Potassium: 381mg | Fiber: 3.7g | Calcium: 4% | Iron: 6%